Denise Goldberg's blog

Rolling by the shortest coastline
Three states, two wheels, one day - and repeat!

Sunday, May 7, 2006

Massachusetts







The humming tree! It took a minute before I realized that the tree wasn't humming - the bees were. These wonderful pink flowers were just loaded with bees. I guess I was lucky that they were much more interested in gathering nectar from the flowers than in stinging me.



My mystery bird of the day! I was watching a flock of Canada Geese in a field when I realized that there were some other strange birds in the area too. And then a couple of them just pranced across the road in front of me.

It turns out that this bird is a Guinea Hen. These birds apparently are useful in tick control; ticks are a favorite diet item for them.



Can you see the bee?



A belted Galloway (I think!). And I think he wants to come out and play...



Home again. Yup, I'm a happy cyclist. Now I need to plan my next trip. Oh, you're right, first things first - time to wash my cycling clothes, me too!