Denise Goldberg's blog

Rolling by the shortest coastline
Three states, two wheels, one day - and repeat!

Saturday, May 6, 2006

Photos: Massachusetts




Sights like this slowly unfurling leaf make me believe it's really spring.



A fiddlehead fern, with some stalks in "fiddlehead" state, and some starting to unfurl



I've never seen a fiddlehead fern unfolding before - and I have to admit it took me a few minutes looking at different plants before I realized what this was!



These two horses definitely look like they are having a serious conversation



Sometimes I wonder what makes people post strange signs like this one. (Of course, it did make me stop, look, and photograph...)



Rover poked his head out of his traveling home to watch me take some pictures. He told me he was very happy to be on the road again.



An interesting approach to covering the tree's trunk - what appears to be shedding bark. The type of tree? It's a shagbark hickory.



Calm river on a rather gray day